Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bigfoot

I have no idea if Bigfoot (a/k/a Sasquatch) is real or not, but I know one thing: I want to be Bigfoot.

I say this because of a brief conversation I had on Sunday after our FRC-Lima services were over. As church in a cinema, we have to set up everything early on Sunday morning, and then break down and store everything after the services are finished. On my way out the door in the afternoon, with everything packed up and gone, a first-time visitor remarked to me, "It's as if the church was never here!"

He was right, of course. The cinema is spotless when we leave on Sunday afternoon after the services, with not a sign or a banner or an information table or even a bulletin left behind that would show that we had been worshipping there on Sunday morning in two services.

That's the way we want to leave the cinema. But that's the only place where I want it to be said about our ministry that "it's as if the church was never here!"

In every other area, and in every other way, I want to have a huge impact wherever we go, leading countless people to the feet of Christ, and bearing a whole bunch of fruit. In every other area, and in every other way, I want to leave a huge footprint behind, so that everyone knows that we were here, loving God and others, and serving God and others. In every other area, and in every other way, I want to be Bigfoot!

Don't leave mouse tracks behind you when you do international ministry! Let 'em know you were here! Be Bigfoot!

No comments: