Friday, October 29, 2010

Pete Rose

Since we're on the subject of baseball in Cincinnati, let's talk about Pete Rose today.

Pete Rose was one of baseball's greatest players and he is the game's all-time hit king. A gambling addiction got him banned from the game and from the Baseball Hall of Fame, but it's difficult to think of anyone who played the game with more intensity than Charlie Hustle.

Pete Rose was once asked by a reporter about his hitting philosophy.

Rose replied, "Every time I step up to the plate, I expect to get a hit! If I don't expect to get a hit, I have no right to step in the batter's box in the first place! If I go up only just hoping to get a hit, then I probably don't have a prayer to get a hit."

Shouldn't we as Christ followers have the same positive, can-do attitude?

Philippians 4:13 (TNIV) says, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

"All this."

Every bit of it.

If you truly are a Christ follower, then it's time for you to step in the batter's box, expecting a lot of hits for your church or ministry.

www.celebrationchampions.com
www.twitter.com/StephenGuschov
Facebook: Celebration Champions Church
Facebook: Stephen Guschov

No comments: