Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lincoln



Today is the 203rd anniversary of the birth of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln guided the United States through its bloody and divisive Civil War between 1861 and 1865. He is considered one of the greatest presidents in the entire history of the United States, if not the greatest of all.


Here are a pair of quotes by Abraham Lincoln which showed his faith and reliance on God as he led the United States through some of its darkest days and years:


"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."


"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."

No comments: