Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Speak English!

Dorcas & I frequent a large supermarket in Lima called Wong. It is the largest supermarket chain in Lima, & there's a Wong right in the rotary across from the cinema where we have FRC-Lima.

On occasion when we are @ Wong, we'll notice a cashier or a bagger wearing a yellow, smiley-face button that reads, "I Speak English!"

Anytime we see a cashier or bagger wearing an "I Speak English!" smiley-face button, we immediately give them a promotional card for FRC-Lima, since we feature English-language services & many young Peruvians attend our services in order to be spiritually fed & to practice their English at the same time. We're delighted to have them!

English is the international language of business & commerce, no matter where in the world you are living & doing church or ministry. How can you leverage the English language to take your international church or ministry to another level? Are the natives in your country learning English? Can you use this to attract them to your church or ministry?

Whenever I see a Wong cashier or bagger wearing a button that says, "I Speak English!", I always respond, "So do I!" We then normally engage in a brief, friendly conversation, & it always ends w/ me inviting them to check out FRC-Lima. Happily, many of them do.

Leverage language no matter where you are in the world! Don't just babble like @ the Tower of Babel!

No comments: